The 10.5 Best Wheeled Cooler Reviews: Intro
If you’re on a market for a new wheeled cooler, “The 10.5 Best Wheeled Cooler Reviews + Guidebook” is for you. So, let’s jump right into it!
Note: Our Price-O-Meter is based on a scale of 1-5.
#1 The 10.5 Best Wheeled Cooler Reviews:
Igloo Party Bar Thermoelectric Cooler
- 16 inward-facing LED lights
- Thermoelectric chilling power
- Integrated bottle opener with a bin to collect the bottle caps
- Molded-in loops for hanging bar towels
- 2 removable drink dividers
- Transparent, detachable lid
- Threaded, leak-resistant drain plug
- Caddy for wine bottles
Ice Retention: 20+ hours
Capacity: 125 quarts
Durability: The Igloo Party Bar Thermoelectric Cooler withstands wild parties time after time, and most reviewers don’t experience problems. However, the plastic lid is reportedly weak and prone to bending or warping. This certainly isn’t a tough roto-molded cooler like a Pelican or Engel.
You’ll impress your guests with this one-of-a-kind thermoelectric, wheeled party bar cooler. It’s fun, unique, and livens up any party. To find out even more about the Igloo Party Bar Coolers, consult “The Top 7 Best Thermoelectric Cooler Reviews.”
#2 The 10.5 Best Wheeled Cooler Reviews:
KoolMAX 40 qt. Blue Wheeled Cooler
- Bluetooth PA and power stations
- Detachable cooler flashlight
- Bluetooth digital music plater
- FM radio
- Dual hi-fi, water resistant speakers
- SB data port/SD card for playing WMA.MP3 music slot
- 2” tweeters
- 12-volt power plug
Ice Retention: up to 3 days
Capacity: 40 quarts
Durability: It’s no wonder that the KOOLMAX 40 Quart Wheeled cooler is on the lower end of the durability spectrum. Understandably, there’s a tradeoff for all the kickass features. It’s a superb cooler for low-impact hobbies like patio parties.
#3 The 10.5 Best Wheeled Cooler Reviews:
The Igloo Trailmate Journey Wheeled Cooler
- Thick foam on walls and lid
- Huge, “never-flat” wheels
- Heavy-duty wheels
- Individual, water-resistant pockets
- Butler tray
- 4 cup holders
- Tie-down loops
- Dual bottle openers
Ice Retention: Up to 4 days
Capacity: 70 Quarts
Durability: This is an Igloo cooler, which is neither good nor bad. Igloos are fabulous for picnics or a day-long yoga session at the park. However, they’re no match for high-end coolers like a Bison or Engel. If you don’t plan on participating in any high-impact activities, you will be just fine.
Impression: The fact that these wheels can trek through sand is a lifesaver for beach-goers. The countless special features and good ice retention combined with over-sized wheels are enough to persuade any outdoor party person.
#4 The 10.5 Best Wheeled Cooler Reviews:
Cruzin Cooler 50 Series 500-watt Electric Cooler
- Motorized, rideable scooter
- Speed of 13 MPH
- Folding foot pegs
- Padded seat
Ice Retention: 3 days
Capacity: 24 cans with plenty of ice
Durability: There are mixed reports. Our assessment is a mid-level durability score.
Impression: The Cruzin Cooler 50 Series 500-Watt Electric Cooler is, in a word, dope. Scooters are timeless and will forever be a hipster’s mode of transportation. Just imagine how many craft beers will be in transit every day!
In any case, hopefully some of you will have the opportunity to buy it and when you do, let us know how it works for you. (And hipsters, we’re just joking. You’re cool.)
#5 The 10.5 Best Wheeled Cooler Reviews:
The Pelican ProGear 45 Quart Wheeled Cooler
- Certified bear-proof
- Thick polyurethane foam insulation
- A button for opening the latches
- 4 can holders
- A lock hasp features a built-in bottle opener
- Integrated fish ruler on the lid
Ice Retention: up to 10 days
Capacity: 45 Quarts
Durability: The rotomolded polypropylene plastic makes the Pelican ProGear 80 stronger than most. Stainless steel hardware also contributes to its durability.
Impression: Pelican Coolers have always been one of the best high-end coolers. It’s no surprise that the wheeled cooler is just as robust. This is for you if you want a top-tier cooler to last a lifetime.
#6 The 10.5 Best Wheeled Cooler Reviews:
Dometic Avalanche Heavy Insulated Wheeled Cooler
- Heavy-duty, T-shaped latches for increased durability
- Components of the cooler are FDA-approved
- Freezer-style seal
Ice Retention: 7-10 days
Capacity: 65 Liters
Durability: The rugged, roto-molded design presents an exceptionally tough ice chest.
Impression: Dometic lives up to their reputation once again with this sturdy wheeled cooler. The ice retention is nearly unbeatable, making this the ideal cooler for longer ventures.
It depends on individual tastes, but some people are turned off by the lack of extra gadgets and unique features. The Dometic Avalanche is ideal for those of you who just want a straightforward cooler.
#7 The 10.5 Best Wheeled Cooler Reviews:
Arctic Zone Ultra Collapsible Rolling Wheel Cooler
- Detachable train cart to be used with or without the cooler
- An adjustable shoulder strap when you don’t need wheels
- Dual cup holders
- Insulated front compartment
- Padded handles
- A mesh pocket on each side
- Telescopic Handle
- Collapsible for easy storage
Ice Retention: 8+ days
Capacity: 58 cans
Durability: The cooler itself is tough. Although some reviewers report problems with the cart. It can be tricky to connect securely to the cooler, until you get the hang of it. It isn’t quite as resilient as a Pelican Wheeled Cooler, but that’s to be expected from a less expensive product.
Impression: Despite a small portion of disappointed reviewers, the overall rating tells the true story. Features like multiple compartments and long ice retention play a huge role in assessing a cooler.
Plus, you’re essentially getting a free cart because you can use it to carry virtually anything else.
#8 The 10.5 Best Wheeled Cooler Reviews:
Coleman 62 qt. Xtreme Cooler with Wheels
- Coleman’s special “thermozone” insulation
- Four molded-in cup holders
- Fold-down handle
- 5 strong wheels
Ice Retention: up to 5 days (If ambient temperature is 90 degrees Fahrenheit or lower.)
Capacity: 62 quarts, or 83 beverage cans with plenty of ice.
Durability: Manufacturers roto-mold strong polypropylene to form the body and lid. While polypropylene is strong, this type of plastic just can’t compete with high-end cooler brands, like Grizzly or Yeti.
For most of you, that won’t be a problem. One mother of six kids showed us that her Coleman works just as well as it had twenty years ago, when she bought it. It’s strong enough to weather two decades of frequent use, and those hooligans were wild back then.
The durability factor isn’t a problem in many circumstances.
Impression: The Coleman 62 Quart Xtreme Cooler with Wheels is functional and easy to use. That’s the balance every cooler specialist dreams of. The all-terrain wheels will come in handy for trips to the beach, picnics in the park, or tailgating.
#9 The 10.5 Best Wheeled Cooler Reviews:
Cooler Beer Cart Outdoor Rolling Party Steel Bar Bistro
- Durable steel exterior
- 2 folded-back lids
- Bottle Opener and Cap Catcher
- Free-standing with 2 lockable wheels
- Silver handles on both ends
- Classy powder-coated finish
Ice Retention: Up to 22 hours
Capacity: 80 quarts (20 gallons)
Durability: The steel and brass composition of the Steel Bar Bistro offer strong protection from years of heavy use. The finish is fade, crack, and chip resistant.
Impression: This “Rolling Party Steel Bar Bistro” improve the feng shui of your patio. Get the red one; it’s the most playful and fun for entertaining guests. It does a great job of filling this patio cooler niche.
#10 The 10.5 Best Wheeled Cooler Reviews:
Any Bison Cooler
- Locking lid with integrated fish ruler
- Large rubber latches
- Dual drain plugs
- Rubber gasket
- Non-skid feet
- Flush-mount hinges with cantilever system
- Pressure-injected polyurethane foam for insulation
- Construction, manufacturing, and assembly all take place 100% in the US
Ice Retention: 5 days
Capacity: 50 quarts
Impression: Bison Coolers are roto-molded from the toughest materials possible to produce one impenetrable ice chsest. This is one of the best high-end coolers for sale today.
#10.5 Brand New Accessory: The Bison Hauler
Bison Coolers have been easy-to-use and functional for years. Thankfully, Bison very recently introduced a new accessory: The Bison Hauler.
This strong, polymer wheeled cart extends or retracts to fit each different size. The extended handle is sturdy and comfortable. This strong cart is hard to pass up, especially with the $130 price tag. Just imagine the beautiful spots outside which will now be your favorite reading nooks.
Bonus Points: You can use the Bison Hauler for transporting any other type of material, as long as it isn’t above 600 pounds.
Yeti Cooler Wheels: DIY, Rambler, Badger, and More! is here to help. Unfortunately, Yeti doesn’t sell coolers with wheels yet. However, there are plenty of options to have your Yeti rolling along in no time!
Wheels make the world go around. Without them, we wouldn’t have bikes, cars, and all the other inventions that make life so much easier. (What did people do before the wheeled cooler was invented?)
But it’s tricky to look at a list like this and know which portable cooler to invest in.
Chuggie to the rescue! (Yup, that’s how enthusiastic we are about making sure everyone has the BEST outdoor gear.)
For Nature Lovers on a Budget:
- The Arctic Zone Ultra Collapsible Rolling Wheel Cooler is the cheapest of all. It has some one-of-a-kind features plus good ice retention.
- The Igloo Party Bar Cooler usually lands in the less-than-two-hundred category. What’s not to love about a portable bar with 16 LED lights?
- The low price tag of the Wheeled Coleman Xtreme 62 Quart Cooler is awesome.This sturdy, popular ice chest is not only easy to use; it’s an all-around good investment.
For Rugged Adventurers:
- Take the Pelican ProGear 80 Quart Wheeled Cooler on all your wild rendezvous. The roto-molded polypropylene and pressure-injected foam is unbeatable.
- The Dometic Avalanche Heavy Insulated Ultimate 65L Wheeled Cooler (talk about a mouthful) will impress you with its resilience and long ice retention time. Dometic uses part of their earnings to promote sustainability.
- The Bison 50 quart and cart are tougher than tough, so you can count on them to work well for a long, long time.
For Entertainers and Party Animals:
- The Igloo Party Bar Cooler isn’t your average cooler. It’s a roving bar with awesome lights where dreams come true. (That’s what we believe, anyway.)
- The KoolMAX 40 qt. Wheeled Cooler is perfect for jamming out. The best place to do this? At the lake, on the deck. Or, find a hidden spot in the woods and play some Bob Marley.
- The Cruzin Cooler 50 Series 500-watt Electric Cooler is a scooter/cooler hybrid. Words cannot express how awesome this is.
- For a less expensive option, consider the Igloo Trailmate Journey Wheeled Cooler. The cup holders, butler tray, and two bottle openers practically scream “take me somewhere wild and day drink to your hearts content.
- The Cooler Beer Cart Outdoor Rolling Party Steel Bar Bistro is a must for those of you who love parties in the backyard or patio. It’s stylish and will impress your guests.
The 10.5 Best Wheeled Cooler Reviews:
2 Crucial Tips
There’s a little bit of everything in the listed coolers. You have plenty of options, no matter what category(ies) you identify with. Here are a couple pro-tips before you click the “buy” button.
#1. Since wheeled coolers are new to many of you, we urge you to really look at each component’s dimensions. It’s important to make sure the length of the handle is appropriate for you.
#2. Additionally, the wheels are a biggie. For example, the Cooler Beer Cart Outdoor Rolling Party Steel Bar Bistro doesn’t stand a chance of rolling smoothly over rough terrain.
Readers who liked “Best Wheeled Cooler Reviews” also enjoyed:
The Best Ice Chest 2017 – What You Need To Know
High Tides, Good Vibes: Finding the Best Beach Cooler