Finding the Cheapest Best Value Roto Molded Cooler for You
So, you’re on the hunt for a roto molded cooler, but you’re on a budget. Look no further – we’re going to find you the Cheapest Best Value Roto Molded Cooler for the Money.
After lots of research, we discovered the strength and resilience of the mighty mid-range ice chest. In fact, some of the best ice chests in 2017 are pretty inexpensive. Without further ado, let’s get cracking on getting you your well-deserved ice chest. Here come the pictures, videos, and detailed reviews!
The Cheapest But Best Value Roto Molded Cooler: Overview
In a hurry? Take a glance at this brief overview and jump down to the subject you’re most interested in. You’ll find all the info you need about these topics:
- Definition of “Roto Molded” and Other Cooler-Related Terms
- The Cheapest Roto Molded Cooler
- Best Value Roto Molded Cooler
- Cheapest Roto Molded Cooler with a Lifetime Warranty
- Best Value American-Made Roto Molded Cooler
A quick note: the Price-O-Meter for each best value roto molded cooler is based on a scale of 1-5.
Although you may purchase a K2 Summit Cooler directly from K2’s website, we’ve found much lower prices.
As discussed in K2 Coolers vs Yeti Coolers, K2 Cooler’s ice retention is just as good as a Yeti Cooler’s ice holding ability. In fact, it seems that K2 Coolers hold ice for about 12 hours longer than Yeti Coolers. (On average.)
- Rotomolded from tough polyethylene
- Certified Grizzly Bear Proof
- Protective Stainless Steel
- Full length integrated hinge system
- Extra thick insulation on the lid
- Nylon strap with padded shoulder rest
- Latches that lift up rather than down.
The selection is notably varied and creative. In fact, it’s much better than most! Even so, there are basic subdued colors if you want a classically-colored roto molded cooler. In addition to the basic meat-and-bones, K2 offers a huge array of dual-colored and special edition prints. >>Read More
Warranty: 7 years
[maxbutton id=”1″ url=”http://amzn.to/2tbmXmz” text=”Browse K2 Coolers” ]
Ice Retention: 2-5 days
This cheapest – but best value – roto molded cooler is on about the same level as Yeti in terms of ice retention.
Polypropylene comprises this one-piece roto molded ice chest. The two-pin hinge system isn’t considered as strong as the single-pin hinge system found in high-end roto molded coolers. However, if parts of an Igloo Sportsman Roto Molded Cooler do break, it isn’t expensive to fix them.
- Hard plastic swing-up handles
- Big, threaded drain plug with tether
- T-shaped, pull-down rubber latches
- Anti-skid feet
- Textured lid
- Two lid lock points
- Integrated Lid Hinges with Aluminum Rods
- Molded-in fish ruler
- Certified Grizzly Bear Proof
Warranty: 5 Years
[maxbutton id=”1″ url=”http://amzn.to/2t1cwqB” text=”Browse Igloo Sportsmans on Amazon” ]
As a point of reference, the Canyon Outfitter Series Coolers are much less expensive than Orca, Pelican, or Yeti Coolers. But they still provide the great benefits that a roto-molded cooler can provide.
The ice holding ability of this roto molded cooler is said to range from 5 to 12 days. Its high-density polyurethane foam and extra thick lid locks the cold air in and keeps the warm air out.
We’ve seen ice last in a Canyon Outfitter Series Cooler for anywhere from 3 to 10 days. Tip: Keep your ice chest colder, longer, with a best long lasting ice pack.
Since Canyon Outfitter Series Coolers are roto molded from polyethylene, of course they’re tough. They also have the other usual qualities of a quality ice chest, such as being UV-resistant and Grizzly Bear Resistant.
- While this isn’t really a feature, it’s important to know that Canyon Coolers are lighter than most. This is such a valuable characteristic!
- Stainless steel, bullet-proof hinges are resistant to the elements.
- Since the handles and latches are recessed, it’s easy to carry around and/or pack a Canyon Cooler. This coupled with the lighter weight makes for a more portable, easy-to-use roto molded cooler.
Choose from Sandstone, White Marble, Teal, or Lime Green.
[maxbutton id=”1″ url=”http://amzn.to/2tFWpNK” text=”Browse Canyon Outfitter Series Coolers” ]
You’ll need to buy a new Polar Cap directly from Cabela’s, which means missing out on some savings.
Compared to premium ice chests, Cabela’s roto molded coolers perform quite well. Although length of “ice holding” varies, we’ve heard anywhere from 2 to 8 days!
Judging from price, ice retention, and durability, this may be THE best value roto molded cooler on the market today. This robust cooler is “nearly bullet proof,” and also Certified Grizzly Bear Resistant.
- Latches with integrated bottle openers (cha-ching!)
- Pressure-Relief Valve (so it’s easier to open)
- Rope handles with glow-in-the-dark tracers
- Made in the USA
Tan, tan, and more tan. Although there’s just one drab color to choose from, it’s a good one for blending in with the scenery.
Warranty: 1 year
The Cheapest but Best Value Roto Molded Cooler: Conclusion
As you can see, the biggest difference between a high-end cooler and a cheap roto molded cooler is durability. Often, the cheaper roto molded coolers are made from the polyethylene, the slightly weaker plastic. This doesn’t mean they’re wimpy, though.
- Sometimes, people spend loads of money on an expensive ice chest like a Yeti when they don’t even need to. Yeti themselves say their coolers are “over-engineered.” If you need a cooler for things like barbecues, tailgating, and bonfires, you probably don’t need a super expensive roto molded cooler.
- Rough and tough outdoors people, like hunters and fishers, may benefit from spending the extra cash on a more expensive roto molded cooler.
You may be wondering, “What do I do if I need a high-end roto molded cooler but don’t have the money?” The good news is that you can use one of these cheapest but best value roto molded coolers while you save up for another.
But you know what we think? Once you buy the cheaper choice, you’ll probably find it lasts you for years.
Go Back to Overview
Definiton of “Roto Molded” and Other Cooler-Related Terms
If you’re not 100% clear on the definition here’s a quick explanation. “Roto Molded/Rotomolded” is an abbreviation for the phrase “rotationally molded.” Simply put, this means that a cooler is rotated as it’s constructed, so it’s one piece rather than several.
The roto molding technique produces the most unbreakable ice chests.
Manufacturers use polyurethane for insulation in roto molded coolers.
Yet another “poly-” word; this refers to an extra-strong plastic that creates the best roto molded coolers. While strong, it’s not as unbreakable as polyethylene.