The 6 Best Ice Chest Coolers for the Money
Looking around for the best ice chest coolers for the money review? You’re in the right place! The following reviews cover the 6 best ice chest coolers for the money.
Let’s Take a Look at the Basics
Because Warm Beer Sucks
Have you ever lugged around drinks in a cooler only to have them leak all over? Or maybe you end up having to eat a warm deli sandwich. And – shudder – warm drinks. I think the worst outcome is warm beer. Beer is too good for that.
Food and drinks are some of the greatest pleasures in life, of course! Therefore, you deserve the best ice chest cooler for the money so you get the most out of eating and drinking on the go. And so, without further ado, let’s jump into the 6 top rated ice chest coolers.
The 6 Best Ice Chest Coolers for the Money
#1 Best Ice Chest Coolers For The Money Review:
Orca Ice Chest Cooler
Why the Orca Wins, Every Time
You can hardly go wrong with an Orca. In fact, it conquered Yeti in the Orca Coolers vs Yeti Coolers Review – Why Orca Wins! Orca Coolers earned the #1 spot in this “Best Ice Chest Coolers for the Money Review” because of their strength, amazing ability to hold ice, and quality construction.
A few other highlights:
- Certified Grizzly Bear Proof
- Patented Molle Wrap System
- Lifetime Warranty
- Best-in-Class Ice Retention
- Huge Color Selection
- Collegiate Series Available
Orca Coolers are expensive, but you get what you pay for. They’re worth every penny!
However, here’s a quick side note: if you just need coolers for things like gentle trips to the beach or barbecuing, you don’t need premium durability. For this reason, I don’t recommend Orca Coolers for you.
I wouldn’t complain if I found this under the Christmas tree… Orca Coolers are my favorite brand of hard coolers.
#2 Best Ice Chest Coolers For The Money Review: Yeti Coolers for Sale
Chances are you’ve heard of the Yeti, and for good reason. The Yeti company was the first to market ice chest coolers as luxury items. They’ve built up quite a following, and their ice chests are indeed impressive.
Here are some benefits of Yeti Coolers:
- Marine Grade Rope Handles
- Different Draining Speeds
- Most Include Dry Goods Basket with Purchase
- Extremely Durable (Rotomolded)
- Slip-Resistant Feet
- 5 Year Warranty
- Huge Range of Capacity (From the Yeti Roadie all the way up to the Yeti Tundra 350.)
Whether or not Yeti Coolers are among the best ice chest coolers for the money is a hotly debated subject. Some Yeti owners swear by 10-day ice retention and overall perfection. Yet ice chest challenges show Yeti Coolers fall behind most other high end ice chests.
I like to give Yeti shit, but I still respect their products. If you decide to purchase a Yeti, I salute you.
#3 Best Ice Chest Coolers For The Money Review:
Cabela’s Polar Cap Series
Cabela’s Polar Cap Series are probably the best value coolers on the market today. Although they aren’t as tough as more expensive coolers, they possess many of the same qualities.
You know the drill. Here are some of my favorite Polar Cap Ice Chest features:
- Latches with integrated bottle openers (cha-ching!)
- Pressure-Relief Valve (so it’s easier to open)
- Rope handles with glow-in-the-dark tracers
- Made in the USA
- Attached Drain Plug
- User-friendly molded in handles
- Durable; great for hunters and fishers
In reality, even outdoors people who spend time in the backcountry would be okay with this best ice chest cooler for the money. However, it is considered a “mid-range” ice box.
#4 Best Ice Chest Coolers For The Money Review:
Pelican Products ProGear Elite Ice Chests
The attached tie-downs, stainless steel hardware, and hard molded plastic give this cooler rock-hard durability. It’s not only huge, but also seemingly indestructible.
A lengthy drain plug leash makes attaching a garden hose an option, but the size of the drain plug makes it a little more susceptible to wear and tear, making it the weakest link in the cooler’s durability. The lid seemed a little lacking, as water frequently splashes out in larger amounts than is normal in other models.
The ice chest’s locking mechanism means you can lock up your loot, and it also features a ruler within the lid.
#5 Best Ice Chest Coolers For The Money Review:
The Canyon Outfitter Ice Chest
Notably, Canyon Outfitters are/have:
- Lifetime Warranty
- No-lose drain plug
- Definitely on the low-end of prices
- 100% American Made
Although Canyon Outfitter Coolers aren’t at the same level as Pelicans or Orcas, they’re still great. For a much cheaper price, you can buy a cooler that’s backed up by a lifetime warranty.
#6 Best Ice Chest Coolers For The Money Review:
The ENGEL DeepBlue Ice Chest
The ENGEL DeepBlue is especially popular in hunting, fishing, and camping circles. Its insulation is really good, keeping food below the recommended healthy temperature of forty degrees for an entire five days, and maintaining ice for six days. (These stats are estimated on the data I was able to find.)
So, whats so great about Engel DeepBlues?
- Slight metal hooks on the lid fasten to the body’s hard plastic levers to make a neat fastening of the lid shut. The metal hooks also serve as bottle openers.
- Pin style hinges
- External latches
- Extended and recessed handles
- Slot for an internal divider.
- And let’s bring up that emergency bottle opener one more time because come on, how neat is that?
- A Featured Best Fishing Cooler for the Money Ice Chest
Engels are on the pricier end, but this article isn’t about being cheap. It’s about making sure quality matches up with price – and in this case, the two are a perfect match.
Best Ice Chest Coolers For The Money Review: Final Thoughts
So, I’ve told you my favorites in terms of the best coolers for keeping ice. Now that you know the pros and cons of each, you get to make your choice. Just think about where and why you want to use an ice chest, and also about some of your own personal pet peeves.
Choosing the Right Best Ice Chest Cooler for the Money
- If you get crabby at the idea of the seemingly inevitable mess of excess water when draining an ice chest, strongly consider purchasing the Cabela’s Polar Cap 40-Quart Equalizer. If you need something with heavy duty insulation to keep your stuff cold for an especially long time, go for an Orca Cooler.
- Pelican ProGear Elite Coolers are stress-free and user friendly. If your priority in a piece of equipment is its no nonsense characteristics and guaranteed user-friendly vibes, you’d naturally be most happy with this choice.
- Yeti Tundra Coolers and Engel DeepBlue Coolers both have internal dividers, making them optimal for users that want to keep things separated.
- The Canyon Outfitter Coolers and Cabela’s Polar Caps are very budget-friendly, making them the best choices if you’re watching your pocketbook.
I’m confident that with a little consideration, you’ll be happy with whatever you decide. Whether you debut your new ice chest at a huge beach party or on a long camping trip in the back country, have fun bragging about your excellent find.
Readers who enjoyed “Best Ice Chest Coolers for the Money” also read: