Top 7 Best Thermoelectric Coolers Review:
Welcome to “The 7 Best Thermoelectric Coolers Review.” First, let’s jump into the reason why we love these types of coolers: thermoelectric coolers and portable electric coolers operate without ice. That’s right, no more pit stops for ice with fussy kids in the backseats. Happy kids = happy parents, right?
Get ready for reviews of THE 7 best thermoelectric and electric coolers. Pictures, videos, owner reviews…what’s not to love?
When Thermoelectric Coolers Will Be Your Best Friend
In addition to recreational purposes, many truckers rely on thermoelectric coolers to keep their provisions cold during their cross-country hauls.
Even though there are dozens of good thermoelectric coolers, we narrowed it down to the magic “7,” the real cream of the crop.
#1 of Chuggie’s Best Thermoelectric Coolers Review:
Igloo Iceless Electric Cooler
You can’t go wrong with an Igloo Iceless. It’s just so darn sleek and portable. Also, it’s affordable. So, you’ll have money leftover for gas, food, concert tickets, and whatever else you need to party in style.
- Capacity: The Igloo Iceless is available in 26 and 28 quart sizes.
- Cooling Ability: Igloo claims this little guy can as low as 36 degrees Fahrenheit below the outside temperature.
- Heating Ability: N/A
- Handles: Carry your Igloo Iceless with a swing-up handle that features a rubbery grip. Also, there are molded-in handles for lifting and loading.
- Accessories: Igloo includes an 8-foot extension cord with the cooler. However, you’ll need to separately buy an AC Adapter. With this handy accessory, you can use your Igloo Iceless Thermoelectric Cooler anywhere there’s a 12 volt outlet.
- Colors: Silver, White
- Weight: 11.1 pounds
- Voltage: 12-volts DC (optional 110/120VAC)
- Current Draw: 6 amps maximum at 12-volt DC
- Working Current: Between 3.5 to 4.8 amps
Pros of Igloo Iceless Thermoelectric Coolers:
First, they’re attractive. Second, they’re small, compact, and easy to use. They’re great for couples taking overnight camping trips, lazy days at the beach, romantic picnics, etc.
Cons of Igloo Iceless Thermoelectric Coolers:
The extension cord has a lower level of durability. Some reviewers report that it falls apart after just a couple of months. This isn’t a deal breaker, just consider that extra cost (albeit small.)
#2 of Chuggie’s Best Thermoelectric Coolers Review:
Coleman Powerchill Thermoelectric Cooler
Next up is the Coleman Powerchill Thermoelectric Cooler. A huge selling point is its’ versatility. For one, it can rest horizontally. Additionally, you can set it upright just like a mini-fridge.
- Capacity: The Coleman Powerchill holds up to 40 quarts, or roughly 47 cans.
- Cooling Ability: The internal temperature gets to about 40 degrees Fahrenheit lower than the outside environment’s temperature.
- Warming Ability: It keep contents inside of a Coleman Powerchill above ambient temperatures.
- Handles: Unsurprisingly, the handles are the typical molded-in style.
- Doors: The doors are adjustable. So, you can set them up to open left or right.
- Accessories: This thermoelectric beast comes with an adjustable shelf divider and a 12-volt adapter for vehicles.
- Colors: White, Silver
- Weight: 17 pounds
- Warranty: 1 year
Pros of Coleman Powerchill Thermoelectric Coolers:
They’re excellent for college dorm rooms and camping out for a music festival. Since they can sit upright, they really give these spaces a comfortable feel, like you’ve settled in and carved out home base.
Cons of Coleman Powerchill Thermoelectric Coolers:
First, their hefty, bulky nature makes it more difficult to store and pack. Second, they’re kind of ugly. Just sayin’ it like it is.
#3 of Chuggie’s Best Thermoelectric Coolers Review:
Wagan EL 6224 Thermoelectric Cooler
This thermoelectric cooler is good news for commuters. Since Wagan specializes in automotive accessories, we really trust that the Wagan EL 6224 is one of the best for car trips.
- Capacity: The Wagan EL 6224 has a capacity of 25 quarts.
- Cooling Ability: Its temperature can go as low as 36 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Warming Ability: You can program the cooler to warm contents up to 140 degrees Fahrenheit. (Seems counter intuitive to call it a cooler, doesn’t it?)
- Handles: The Wagan EL 6224 features a swing-up handle with molded in grooves.
- Color: Blue with white lid
- Weight: 9.8 pounds.
- Warranty: 1 year
- Voltage: 12 volts
- Current Draw: About 5 amps
- Ease of Use: This little cooler‘s ease of use is killer. For one, you can fit 2 liter bottles or wine bottles just fine. But it’s also easy to stack plastic containers on top of each other for efficient use of space.
- Shape & Design: They’re designed to fit perfectly in vehicles. The first way is that they fit on the ground between the two seats perfectly. Another way to do it is to put them on a seat and buckle them in.
Pros and Cons of Wagan Thermoelectric EL 6224 Coolers:
By and large, these coolers are best for cars. So your contents will actually stay in place! And it won’t be a struggle to store them!
Ultimately, we found one con. We want more size options!
#4 of Chuggie’s Best Thermoelectric Coolers Review:
Igloo Party Bar Thermoelectric Cooler
Okay, a cooler with inward-facing LED lights is automatically wiggling its way into the Top 10. Igloo partnered with Liddup to fashion this magnificant iceless cooler. Perhaps the best aspect is you don’t have to spend much time feeling around for your drink of choice.
If you like to entertain, this is the cooler for you.
- Capacity: The Igloo Party Bar Cooler holds 125
- Cooling Ability: This bad boy can stay chilly for 1-2 days.
- Special Features: 16 waterproof LED lights
- Ease of Use: This The Igloo Party Bar is a wheeled cooler. Major bonus points for that! Despite its hefty size, the wheels make for easy transportation. The lockable, detachable casters facilitate a smooth transition from transit to party station.
Bar Features: This electric cooler is truly a portable bar. It features built-in bottle opener with a catch bin for lids, as well as molded-in loops. The loops are a perfect fit for hanging bar towels, utensils, and other party supplies of your choosing.
But that’s not all! The Igloo Party Bar also boasts of 2 removable drink dividers.
Pros of Igloo Party Bar Thermoelectric Coolers:
They’re mobile bars, which automatically makes them badass. It can really liven up activities like tailgating, camping, and patio parties.
Cons of Igloo Party Bar Thermoelectric Coolers:
Some users report poor durability. If you’re super wild, the plastic lid might break easily.
#5 of Chuggie’s Best Thermoelectric Coolers Review:
Koolatron Thermoelectric Travel Cooler
Sometimes, you just need a soft cooler. Luckily, the Koolatron is just that. These 12 volt thermoelectric travel coolers have soft nylon sides. Therefore, they’re great for outdoor recreational activities like camping.
- Capacity: Koolatron Thermoelectric Soft-Sided Travel Coolers are available in 14 and 26 quarts.
- Weight: The 14 quart weighs 5.1 pounds, and the 26 quart weighs 7 pounds.
- Cooling Ability: They have both cooling and heating abilities and can reach as low as 30 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Handles: Both handles on Koolatron Thermoelectric Travel Coolers are nylon. Additionally, there’s an adjustable shoulder strap.
- Warranty: 1 year
Special Features of Koolatron Thermoelectric Soft-Sided Travel Coolers:
Furthermore, they have lots of great features:
- External pocket with zipper
- Dual inner mesh pockets
- External cup holders
- Bungee cord to strap overflow items to the top of the cooler
- Zippered top
- Pocket for cell phone or mini-flashlight
- Pocket for cord
Pros of Koolatron Thermoelectric Travel Coolers:
Without a doubt, these soft coolers are the easiest to carry and store. You can fold them up when they’re empty. Additionally, they’re much lighter than rigid thermoelectric coolers.
Also, multiple pockets help separate your food, drinks, and miscellaneous items of your choosing. In addition, you can even fit a container of gasoline in a special pocket.
Cons of Koolatron Thermoelectric Travel Coolers:
Unhappy customers report that the coolers fall apart easily. Poor durability reports are always major red flags. However, the majority of reviews are positive. Moreover, Koolatron is a well-known and trustworthy cooler company.
#6 of Chuggie’s Best Thermoelectric Coolers Review:
Dometic CoolFreeze Portable Coolers
We just had to include Dometic Coolers in “Chuggie’s Best Thermoelectric Coolers Reviews.” This is one of the few thermoelectric cooler brands that keep food frozen.
Dometic CoolFreeze Thermoelectric Coolers can be life changers for truckers and commuters.
- Cooling Ability: Contents can reach negative 7.5 degrees Fahrenheit. Total win!
- Heating Ability: Yes, it will also warm up your stuff!
- Capacities: There are 3 options. They are 28, 35, and 40 quart.
- Handles: Like most of the others, they’re fold-up and detachable. Talk about easy to store!
- Durability: The durability is incredible, due to reinforced corners and stainless steel hinges.
- Accessories: A wire baskets for fruits and vegetables.
Special Features of Dometic CoolFreeze Portable Coolers:
- A cooling compartment
- An interior LED light
- A built-in USB port
- Well-suited for solar power
- WiFi App
Pros of Dometic CoolFreeze Portable Coolers:
Clearly, Dometic CoolFreeze Thermoelectric Coolers are a cut above the rest in terms of features. Not only are they environmentally friendly, but they can reach subzero temperatures.
Plus, each one comes with plenty of extras: an LED light, a USB port, and a crisp basket for fruits and vegetables. And a WiFi app? Unbelievable.
Cons of Dometic CoolFreeze Portable Coolers:
Unfortunately, these portable coolers are costly.
#7 of Chuggie’s Best Thermoelectric Coolers Review:
Black & Decker Thermoelectric Travel Coolers
If you’re seriously considering a 12-volt portable electric cooler, the Black & Decker Thermoelectric Travel Cooler’s solid characteristics might be enough to win you over:
- Capacity: Black & Decker measures the capacity in cans. You can purchase either a 12-can or an 8-can.
- Cooling Ability: They are capable of dropping to 40 degrees Fahrenheit less than the ambient temperatures.
- Heating Ability: These thermoelectric masterpieces can drive temperatures up to 120 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Shoulder Strap: Black & Decker Travel Coolers/Warmers feature an adjustible, detachable shoulder strap.
- Color: Black
- Warranty: 1 year
Special Features of the Black & Decker Thermoelectric Travel Cooler/Warmer:
- Zippered side pouch
- Dual can/cup holders
Pros and Cons of the Black & Decker Thermoelectric Travel Cooler/Warmer:
The cord is reportedly too short and lacks durability. Also, the actual capacity is lower than what’s listed.
Despite this, the cup holders, side pouch, and prices won us over.
Bonus! Chuggie’s Best Thermoelectric Coolers Review:
Knox Portable Electric Cooler
The Knox Portable Electric Cooler made it into our “Best Thermoelectric Coolers Reviews” because it’s affordable and functions extremely well in cars.
- Capacity: The Knox is available in a 27 & 48 quart capacity
- Cooling Ability: You can use it to store your perishables at 40 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Heating Ability: Temperatures reach as high as 130 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Colors: Blue, Red
- Weight: 10.7 pounds
Special Features of Knox Portable Electric Coolers:
- Built-in Car and House Plug
- Cord storage compartment
- Swing-up locking handle
Pros and Cons of Knox Portable Electric Coolers:
The storage compartment for the cord is a huge plus. It can be annoying to have external parts hanging all over the place! It fits especially well in cars and can make its contents nice and toasty, which is extra awesome in cold weather.
However, the cord is only 5.5 feet long. As a result, it can be tricky to situate the cooler just where you want it. The fan is also somewhat noisy.
Chuggie’s Best Thermoelectric Coolers Review:
Which one is best for you?
If long treks through the wilderness is your thing, thermoelectric coolers probably aren’t for you. You won’t have anywhere to recharge your cooler. Plus, thermoelectric coolers are more delicate than traditional ice chests.
On the other hand, thermoelectric coolers are excellent for road trips. Happy Trails!